Jeremy Slatton wrote a review of Vasque Blur SL Trail Running Shoe - Men's on October 10, 2009
Seldom have I put on a shoe where it felt great trying them on. It literally felt like a glove for my foot. I'm an average build guy with a wider foot and low arch. Subsequently, most shoes, especially trail shoes, don't quite fit me. I've owned Pearl Izumi's, Vasque Velocity, Vasque Velocity VST, and Salomon Pro XA 3d's. The Blur SL's are by far the best fit for me.
I have about 250 miles on them now and they're holding up nicely. My training has been mixed lately with quite a bit of road running which they feel pretty good on too. However, these aren't road shoes as they are getting pretty tore up from all the asphalt.
- Traction is excellent in mud, sand, rocks, whatever.
- There is plenty of room in the toe box, which is a must for me.
- Arch support is there but not overbearing. I use SOLE inserts and the combination seems to be just about perfect for me.
- The weight of these is less than the Velocity VST's which is a pleasant change.
- It doesn't keep water out very well but it drains adequately. Depending on my socks, the shoes dry out after a couple of miles.
- It gives good protection from rocks. Not as good as the original Vasque Velocity's but still good. No stingers yet :)
I'm actually having a hard time coming up with complaints. I guess if I had to gripe about anything it would be that the soles are getting tore up from the road running :)
I'll be buying my second pair here in about a month. Let's hope Vasque keeps these around for a while. If not, I'll be stocking up.