Drewmon wrote a review of Black Diamond Welterweight Glove on February 15, 2014
Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've owned several pairs of these over the years and have kind of an "meh" experience with them.
- Excellent fit across fingers/hand
- Grippy palm with the leather
- Tactile feel is great when worn alone
- Decent as an around town or moderately cold weather on the trail option
- The fabric pills like mad and starts to break down quickly if worn as either a liner or independently
- Wrist cuff is relatively tight with nominal give going on/off
- Not totally windproof (but, in their defense they are supposed to be liners...)
- A bit thick as liners, if you plan on using as such be sure to try on your choice of outer gloves to ensure the outers can fit over these without sizing up.
Kind of an odd "betweener" use pair of gloves.
Not quite substantial enough to use independently beyond late fall/early winter days on the trail and a bit thick to use as liners on the mountain or in colder temps. I find myself switching to my SmartWool liners more readily when temps fall instead of trying to use these.
Good value on sale (only way I've bought them), maybe not so much at retail given how they wear.