Dan Fruehauf wrote a review of Outdoor Research Furio Jacket - Men's on April 3, 2012
Even though I'm going to say some nasty things about this jacket don't get me wrong I will not return it because it's a good purchase altogether.
So the good:
* It's Goretex and not some other membrane. After a very bad experience with Hyvent I prefer to pay the extra buck for Gore and get something extremely durable. Which is also by the way very windproof, something usually people overlook.
Please don't bitch about Gore's breathability now as I prefer a weather armor than a sieve.
And speaking of durability - my old Goretex XCR jacket was retired not because it stopped being waterproof, but mainly because I'm not fat like in the old days ;)
* Proshell in the shoulders area (where the backpack would rub on it) and Paclite for the rest makes up for a great design. I was eyeing also the Arc'teryx Alpha Hybrid jacket but I didn't rob a bank yet, so I settled for this. This combination of Proshell and Paclite is a smart design well done OR (& Arc'teryx).
* The price is perfect, got it for ~$200 so I consider it very affordable as a shell jacket.
* Fit is very nice and athletic. I took a small size and I'm 5'9 145lbs. Not baggy at all and I could layer underneath easily. The hood also has a great shape and I like it - fits over my climbing/skiing helmet.
* Pockets too many of them (4) and in the wrong place. The 2 lower pockets are probably going to give me hell when I'll have a harness. None of the pockets is big none of them would fit a map.
* Size zippers, oh god, the side zippers. So the armpit/side zippers unzip all the way down. And if there's any major flaw in the jacket it is this. The bottom part tens to slightly unzip itself every once in a while. OR should put a velcro there to prevent them from unzipping, or just make regular armpit zips. I'm not too excited by the poncho function of the jacket nonetheless.
* On a side note I'll say that also the main zipper is slightly harder to operate comparing to other things I know of. Why? - don't know.
Altogether, very nice as a weather armor, it's quite lightweight and packs nicely into the hood. Looking for a jacket and got just $200? - buy it.
Got 4 out of 5 stars mainly because of the ridiculous side zippers and the position of the pockets.