Keeping stuff from breaking
If you're looking at this page, you've probably had the displeasure of perforating your shins with a nice, sharp pedal, rock, or log. The POC Joint VPD 2.0 Shin Pad features high-tech impact-absorbing polymer for next-level protection that won't weigh you down on the trail.
- 3D-molded VPD 2.0 panel is perforated to improve ventilation
- VPD (Visco-Elastic Polymer Dough) offers progressive, effective impact absorption and conforms to your body for a sleek fit
- Underarm elastic strap prevents your pads from slipping during long rides
- Kevlar-reinforced fabric resists tears and snags
- Super-stretchy inner sleeve for a secure, comfy fit
- Compatible with Joint VPD 2.0 Knee Pads for full lower body protection
Share your thoughts
comfortable once you find the right size
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
aside from their large logo placement, POC makes great products, and these shin guards were no exception. it was difficult finding my size using the online guide even from their website so I ended up requesting all three sizes to try. I'm 5'6" with a shin length of approximately 16.5" and a calf width of approximately 15.5" and went with the medium with plenty of room to "grow" via the velcro straps. the small fit my calf width just the same, but I went with the longer medium since I was going to put these over the knee pads anyway.
like I said originally, their product logo is kind of annoying being that I have the knee and these shins the POC logo kind of stands out.
Can't really find a good sizing guide. ...
Can't really find a good sizing guide. POC website just shows the length of the pad but doesn't have recommended calf circumference ranges. I am 6'1" and 14.5" calf. Medium or Large?
POC runs small, I would suggest a Large.