An ultra-ultralight Tech binding made for rando racers or elite backcountry skiers.
Plum made the Race 165 Binding for rando racers and elite backcountry skiers who require utter simplicity, superior reliability, and ultimate weight savings from their Tech binding. Although this binding forgoes an adjustable-DIN toepiece like its little brother Race 145, the Race 165 features 20mm of heel adjustment so it can accommodate boots of varying sole lengths. You get the same all-metal construction, machined parts, auto-locking toepiece, and efficient toe-pivot design in a slightly more versatile package. Keep your heel securely locked to descending and, when it comes time to go up, you'll light up the skin track.
- Lateral and forward release are set and non-adjustable, further targeting these bindings at experienced rando racers and elite-level alpine skiers
- Precision CNC machined from aerospace grade aluminum and other metals for exceptional rigidity, strength, and an ultralight weight
- Front lock lever is made from a single metal piece for greater durability and easy switching between modes
- Toe lock-jaws are micro-metric adjustable so you can get the perfect fit for the auto-locking system
- Heel and toe heights provide a 7.73-degree ramp angle for a boot with a 300mm BSL (boot sole length) for the most efficient skinning angle on flat, rolling terrain, or steep skintracks with more switchbacks
- Heel plate has 20mm of adjustability to give you options for different boot sole lengths
- Two heel elevator positions can be quickly adjusted by flipping the riser into position with a ski pole while moving
- Integrated crampon slot allows you to attach a crampon while you're stepped-in
- Manufacturer note: these bindings are designed for racing and as such they do not meet the requirements of ISO13992