A lot of weather can happen in eight hours.
- BigZip SL reservior features leak-free SlideLock closure that opens wide for easy cleaning
- BPA-free reservoir is treated with SlimeGuard antimicrobial treatment to keep it taste-free
- Reservoir hangs from toggles to keep the compartment tidy and optimize space
- Quick-disconnect hose lets you easily fill, clean, and swap packs
- Options for left, right, bottom, or top hose routing let you optimize your setup
- BioCurve back panel and ergonomic shoulder straps maximize your carrying comfort
- Strap attachment points can be adjusted for long or short torsos
Share your thoughts
Great pack, but it ripped
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I used this pack for mountain biking and day hikes. It was the perfect size for its 70oz bladder, a few tools/tube, plus room for a layer or two. But, over time the area along the bladder's zipper pocket seam ripped. Eventually so it was 4" wide. Hopefully this is just a defect for my specific pack as it was great otherwise.
Awesome pack for the money. Not as light weight as others but Just the right size, not to small, not to big. Great bladder.
Platypus Origin Pack Philosophy
I've had the opportunity to use the Platypus Pack for several mountain bike trips and have been very pleased. One of the best features is that the main compartment is waterproof. I've been on a couple of rides where I got into a small microburst and all of the contents in my pack (including my iPhone) was perfectly dry. I also really like that when I fill my reservoir I don't worry about it being wet and getting everything else in my pack wet. This is due to the fully waterproofed-taped main pocket. I also love that it doesn't become a round tube when I fill the reservoir full (often happened with Camelbak). It sits fully flat on my back and is super comfortable. I haven't experienced any wear issues up to this point. It has been a solid pack and looks great as well.
I also really love that I don't taste any plastic when drinking from the reservoir. This has been a major complaint from all of my Brand X toting friends, even those with their latest reservoir. It is the only one that I've found that doesn't have that plastic taste.
All in all a very nice, well-thoughtout pack. I highly recommend it...
Platypus Prigin 5.0 Hydration Pack
I used this with the 2 litre bladder included and it was a good day pack. I wish the shoulder padding was a bit better & hip belt a bit lower. I also noticed the strap to hold it at the top is coming apart on 1 side after only 10 days of use. Other than that I would recommend it.