The all-day pack that won't hold you back.
- Included 2L Big Zip SL reservoir is suspended in place in the designated pocket (3L capacity) with Platypus' unique toggle mounts
- Multiple hydration hose options let you find the most effective placement
- BioCurve ventilated back panels and SoftTouch stretch-woven harness provide the comfort during activity
- Streamlined and contoured design makes it ideal for high-output activities
- Welded and water-resistant YKK zippers and urethane-coated fabric seal keep the contents dry in wet conditions
- Low-profile, welded gear attachment points offer more versatility while maintaining a clean look
- Multiple exterior straps and loops provide additional carry options for gear
Share your thoughts
Do any of the Platypus packs offer a...
Do any of the Platypus packs offer a zippered pocket on the waist belt?
The 32 has a zippered pocket on each side of the waist. looks like the 22 does also. -nothing on your stomach though- these are on your hips.
Platypus Origin Pack Philosophy
Awesome Hydration Pack
I've had the opportunity to use the Platypus Pack for several mountain bike trips and have been very pleased. One of the best features is that the main compartment is waterproof. I've been on a couple of rides where I got into a small microburst and all of the contents in my pack (including my iPhone) was perfectly dry. I also really like that when I fill my reservoir I don't worry about it being wet and getting everything else in my pack wet. This is due to the fully waterproofed-taped main pocket. I also love that it doesn't become a round tube when I fill the reservoir full (often happened with Camelbak). It sits fully flat on my back and is super comfortable. I haven't experienced any wear issues up to this point. It has been a solid pack and looks great as well.
I also really love that I don't taste any plastic when drinking from the reservoir. This has been a major complaint from all of my Brand X toting friends, even those with their latest reservoir. It is the only one that I've found that doesn't have that plastic taste.
All in all a very nice, well-thoughtout pack. I highly recommend it...