- Detail Images
See the trail, save money, help save the Earth, and maybe save yourself in an emergency.
- In its default modes, the white LED provides maximum, economic, and strobe lighting modes and the red LED provides maximum and strobe modes
- Wide-angle lens lets you toggle between a focused beam for long-distance spotting or a flood light for in-camp lighting
- Regulated setting keeps light level constant while non-regulated setting diminishes the brightness over time to lengthen battery life
- Included OS Petzl software lets you customize lighting modes to optimize the lighting intensity vs. battery life to fit your specific use
- CORE lithium ion polymer battery recharges up to 300 times, works great in the cold, and fits into the regular AAA battery housing
- CORE battery charges with a USB cord and works with most cell-phone chargers, computers, car chargers, portable energy cells, and solar panels
- Tikka XP 2 also accepts alkaline (standard AAA), lithium, rechargeable Ni-MH, and rechargeable Ni-Cd so you can bring along back-up batteries
- Adjustable elastic strap features an emergency whistle for distress calls in low visibility
Share your thoughts
Worthy Running Companion
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
With days getting shorter and my conditionining runs getting longer, it was high time to invest in a headlamp. I run rain or shine and if I set out in light or dusk I stow the light on my hydration belt until the need arises.
Product is easy to utilize one handed, reasonably priced, programability is a plus, as are canned profiles, let alone customization and performance is simply great in all save for the red LED, which is good, but not great.
I have been out in storm conditions with this and saturated it, has yet to miss a beat. If I can take it, I want my gear to, so far, so good.
1. Warnings about getting it hot in storage, I.e. Can't be left in a hot car alll day and neglected, simply put I would pay double maybe triple for battery tech that cured this issue. I stow mine in a barracuda swim goggle case and lug it inside so it doesn't cook in the car.
2. Kit did not include cigarette lighter adapter, to buy that you get a kit which includes redundant stuff, e-waste.
3. Red LED, I'd like a stronger/brighter red LED for no light.
In short, a bit shy of ideal, but a trust-worthy value that performs.
The Future is Now!
What an awesome package. It is so nice to be able to recharge my headlamp with the same plug in as my android smart phone! I have saved so many batteries already. And if your rechargeable core runs out, just pop in some back up batteries. This unit is a great headlamp too, awesome varieties in brightness settings, and focused and dispersed beams. This is my one go to headlamp for everything. Say good bye to batteries!!!!