900 batteries―that's a lot of cash and trash.
- At maximum level offers 40 lumens, illuminating objects up to 30 feet away
- Three lighting modes (maximum, economic and strobe) are controlled by a simple electronic push-button switch.
- CORE battery recharges up to 300 times, and is compatible with all standard USB chargers (cell phone charger, multimedia device, cigar lighter, solar panel, portable energy source, computer, etc.)
- Battery may be replaced by three LR03/AAA batteries, so you always have backup power options when needed
- Lithium Ion Polymer technology delivers excellent power at lower temperatures
- Comes with headlamp, CORE battery, and USB charger cord
Share your thoughts
Keeps going and going
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
does it come with the electric wall charger...
does it come with the electric wall charger as pictured
Yes, and any usb charger should work (like those that often come with cell phones etc).
How many lumens does this headlamp has?...
How many lumens does this headlamp has? and how many hours of light on a full charge?
Petzl Tikka @
The product is fantastic, the run time on the rechargable battery is great. A wonderful unit.
i like the fact that i can also run on AAA...
i like the fact that i can also run on AAA 's but does your personal light settings work when the AAA batteries are used instead of the rechargeable core?
The power source shouldn't make any difference with the settings.
John - which personal light settings are you refer to? You'll always be able to control the maximum, economic and strobe setting through the use of the button/on/off switch, regardless of battery. However, the rechargeable battery is what you program to either an even drain across the life or brighter at first and then dimmer (like using AAAs). If you remove the rechargeable battery, then the settings will no longer be in effect.
I'm guessing the has some sort of proprietary...
I'm guessing the has some sort of proprietary hook up to Petzl headlamps? Like, I couldn't hook this up to my BD xenon that takes 3 AAAs, right?
Well yeah, it's the shape of a Petzl headlamp. It wouldn't fit in a Black Diamond headlamp. And the charger won't work because AAA batteries are not charged by USB. This is a Petzl device.
The Core Rechargable Battery
The merits and the how to(s) of this innovative new battery.