- Community Images
A lightweight axe for efficient glacier travel.
Designed to excel on easy snow slopes and glaciers, the Petzl Snowalker Axe provides the reliable performance you need for glacier travel without weighing you down. The steel pick features a wide adze for efficiently chopping steps, and a hole in the pick provides a place to attach a sling or carabiner.
- Durable 7075 aluminum shaft allows this lightweight axe to weigh in at under a pound
- Steel pick has a wide adze that efficiently chops steps and is comfortable to lean on
- Pick has a hole for attaching a sling or carabiner
- Included Rando leash prevents you from dropping the axe
Share your thoughts
on the scale
Leash loop is a little short and narrow for a gloved hand, but nice that it comes with leash nonetheless when compared to other axes that don't
Balance of $ and weight
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is an entry level axe which strikes a good balance between cost and weight. I have trust in the pick, shaft and overall construction.
4 Stars because the Rando Leash is too short. I have a medium sized mens hand and with gloves on it is difficult/uncomfortable to hold. Easy solution though is installing a new leash. That being said unlike other Axes (IE BD Raven) at least this Axe came with a Leash and plastic pickguard which stays on and somehow hasnt slipped off. Some of the other Axes you need to buy these items separate. Buyer beware.