- Community Images
For the steepest mixed routes in the world.
- Highly curved shaft clears the biggest bulges when you go from rock to ice
- Pick weights provide better penetration in ice and can be removed to lower weight
- Adjustable grip size provides a custom fit to your hand
- Mixed-specific pick provides better stability on rock and when stein-pulling
- No hammer or adze included, so nothing sharp will be coming at your head if you pop a tool
- Low-profile spikes added to grip for traction on low-angle top-outs
Share your thoughts
Easy ice with a Ergo...pure joy!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Still one of the best in the catagory. Good even grade 3 ice and really really good on steep mixed. Amazing picks. A tool that should see more people climbing on them. Most would be surprised just how much better this tool would make them in just a little time.
couloir nord des drus
For steep stuff, ice or dry
Best in the business
I only got in a couple of trips with these before the ice melted out. But, compared to the other ice tools I used, these were fantastic. It took a bit to get used to the radical curvature of the shaft, but once you get used to that you'll love the angle in which your hand sits. Much more comfortable to work up long stretches. The multiple hand positions make climbing over bulges or matching hands a breeze. These are definitely for ice/mixed/dry, and not for technical mountaineering. Probably want something more like the Quark for that. The
Petzl Ice Tools
A great climbing video covering Petzl's new tools!!