- Community Images
When it comes to ascending fixed lines, nothing rivals the Petzl Croll Chest Ascender for speed and efficiency. When used in conjunction with a chest strap (Petzl Torse) and a basic handled ascender, the Croll simply slides up the rope as you make upward progress. The self-cleaning slot allows the stainless steel cam to perform on frozen or dirty ropes, and the compact nylon trigger allows for quick manipulation of the device.
- Toothed cam utilizes a self-cleaning slot so it will perform on dirty or frozen ropes
- Stainless steel cam and wear plate provide durable corrosion resistance
- Simply pinch the nylon trigger to open the catch and manipulate the ascender
- Bottom hole is angled to keep the ascender parallel with the rope
- Top hole is designed to attach a chest harness or Torse strap (harness/strap sold separately) to keep the ascender in the proper position
- Designed for use with single ropes between 8 and 11mm