- Detail Images
Designed with smaller paddlers in mind.
With its compact hull and lowered deck height, the Perception Prodigy XS Kayak is a feature-rich recreational boat that's perfect for small adults and kids. Soft-touch handles and a low weight of just 27 pounds make the boat easy to carry, while the adjustable Zone EXP backband and seat provide ample comfort for longer paddles across the lake.
- The 10-foot prodigy XS has a max capacity of 150lb, making it a perfect choice for kids and small adults
- Compact hull makes the boat easy to maneuver for smaller paddlers
- 10.5-inch deck height improves visibility for smaller paddlers
- Zone EXP Backband and Seat Pad provide adjustable comfort and support for trips across the bay
- Zone knee pads enhance comfort and increase control
- Slidelock foot braces are easily adjusted to fit a range of leg lengths
- Bungee straps on the bow securely stow jackets, water bottles, and additional supplies
- Soft-touch handles make the lightweight 27-pound boat easy to carry
Share your thoughts
Great look but you have to work
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I am a small female so I ordered this May 2013. It looks great and you will get lots of compliments. It is lightweight and easy to carry. In the water, you have to work hard to keep a straight line. It steers ok but doesn't track well. We paddle on a flat lake w undercurrents and there are places where I have to work really hard and I don't remember having to work that hard in a heavier kayak. Guess that's the exercise. My 7 yr old son is small but he was able to maneuver in this pretty easily near the shore (he had one summer's experience in his kiddie kayak before this). It is the lightest kayak out there so I don't know that there is an answer to a better one. If you can lift more, choose another kayak.
I'm 5'2" but 180 lbs. Love the sound of...
I'm 5'2" but 180 lbs. Love the sound of this kayak but I exceed the max load. Is their something similar to this that would accomodate the extra weight but still have all the convenience for a "smaller" paddler?
A couple similar kayaks to the size and maneuverability of the Perception Prodigy XS Kayak are the following:
Liquidlogic Kayaks Mist 9.5 Kayak
Dagger Approach 9.0 Kayak
Check these options out and see if they are a little bit closer to what you are looking for.