- Detail Images
The neutral shoe you reach for on race day.
Race day is upon you, so reach for the Pearl Izumi Men's EM Tri N 1 Running Shoe and breathe a little easier. This shoe is a short-course specialist, a nimble tool for covering the running leg of your race in a hurry. The seamless upper feels soft and smooth against your foot, the low-drop chassis eases transition from heel to forefoot, and the Energy Foam cushioning gives you a quick boost of the toe so you can accelerate forward. Pearl Izumi only makes one race-ready, neutral triathlon shoe that's lighter or smoother than the Men's EM Tri N1 Running Shoe, and that's the women's version.
- Seamless construction gives the upper a comfortable feel against the foot
- Mesh upper allows air to flow freely across the foot and dries and drains water quickly
- Quick-lace system and rear pull tab make it easy to transition in and out of this shoe
- 1:1 Energy Foam cushions the forefoot and offers explosive rebound for toe-off
- E:Motion midsole has just the right amount of cushioning to reduce impact on your knee and ankle without adding undue weight
- Offset-shape midsole provides ideal support for underpronation or a running style that requires neutral support
- Blown rubber and carbon rubber outsole provide traction on and off the road and supreme abrasion resistance for long-term durability
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I am not a runner, but I love competing in Triathlon. I ordered these looking for a shoe to help in the transition without killing my feet with blisters. After breaking them in for the last two weeks walking around the house with and without socks I took them on my first 6 mile run and they performed beautifully.
Pearl Izumi EM Tri N 1 Running Shoe
Not for me...
I tried these shoes, the N2 and the N1. The tri shoes felt stiff and not nearly as light as I would have liked. The N1's are super light, but did not have enough bounce or life for me. I REALLY like the N2 and they have become my go-to running shoes for both races and training. I highly recommend them.