- Detail Images
The trail never felt smoother and you never felt faster.
Float across miles of dusty singletrack when you run in the Peal Izumi Women's EM Trail N 2 Trail Running Shoe. This shoe was designed to exceed the demands of the most grueling off-road races and ultras. Seamless construction makes the upper feel smooth and comfortable against your foot, and the toothy outsole provides steadfast traction on a variety of trail surfaces. Perhaps the most unique feature of this shoe is its E:Motion technology, a bit of engineering that gives the midsole a fluid drop (heel-to-forefoot height) that changes as your foot rolls through each foot strike and toe off. This fluid drop makes each step feel smooth and quick so you get a more natural stride that's free of foot slap even when you're charging hard. When the trail is rough and slow, you need look no further than the EM Trail N 2 to feel swift and fast.
- Seamless construction gives the upper a comfortable feel against the foot
- Perforated SBR tongue foam sits softly against your ankle and won't absorb water
- Dynamic Offset E:Motion midsole changes from 4mm at contact to 7.5mm at mid-stance to smooth out every stride
- E:Motion midsole is designed to provide the most cushioning and the broadest platform for maximum pronation stability
- 1:1 Energy Foam cushions the forefoot and offers explosive rebound for toe-off
- 1:1 Shock Absorption Foam absorbs and diffuses impact at the heel
- Low to moderate 4-7.5mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) positions your heel so it's nearly level with your forefoot resulting in a more natural foot position than traditional running shoe designs
- Aggressive multi-directional carbon rubber outsole offers excellent traction on loose trails and uneven, off-road terrain
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs small
As the other reviewer said, yes this shoe does in fact run small. I typically wear a 7 in running shoes and had to go up half a size to a 7.5 in this shoe. I tried this shoe on in a store before purchasing online which is how I was able to know which size I needed. I absolutely love the way the shoe feels but wasn't too crazy about the bright colors offered so I was comparing it to a Brooks trail shoe that fit my personal style a bit more but this one here was a clear winner based on the cushioning. I'm more of a heel striker so the level 2 cushioning is perfect. I would have given this shoe 5 stars if it wasn't for the off sizing. Had I not tried this shoe on before purchasing online, I certainly would have bought a half size too small and would have had to return them.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
I received the shoes in the mail yesterday. Love the feel of how it hugs my heel and love the help in momentum it gives as my foot rolls forward during a stride. I'm not loving the my right foot feels a little too snug in this shoe..left it manageable. I'll go to try to have it stretched a little bit as I am hesitant to sacrifice my feet for breaking in these shoes to a comfortable place. Having said that, they are super light and I am digging the aggressive tread. I hope I can wear them over winter (packed snow and ice) and well into the spring, summer and beyond.