- Detail Images
- Community Images
Flow over grueling terrain and rough race courses.
Flow over mile after mile of untamed wilderness when you run in the Pearl Izumi Men's EM Trail N 2 Trail Running Shoe. This shoe was made to meet the demands of the most demanding off-road races and ultras. Seamless construction makes the upper sit comfortably against your foot, the E:Motion midsole not only absorbs impact but returns your energy to smooth your foot strike, and the aggressive outsole digs into loose terrain. You need look no further if you seek a shoe that will leave you feeling swift and fast on your feet, even if the trail is rough and slow.
- Seamless construction gives the upper a comfortable feel against the foot
- Perforated SBR tongue foam feels comfortable against your foot and won't absorb water
- Dynamic Offset E:Motion midsole changes from 4mm at contact to 7.5mm at mid-stance to smooth out every stride
- E:Motion midsole is designed to provide the most cushioning and the broadest platform for maximum pronation stability
- 1:1 Energy Foam cushions the forefoot and offers explosive rebound for toe-off
- 1:1 Shock Absorption Foam absorbs and diffuses impact at the heel
- Low to moderate, 4-7.5mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) positions your heel so its nearly level with your forefoot, resulting in a more natural foot position than traditional running shoe designs
- Aggressive, multi-directional carbon rubber outsole offers excellent traction on loose trails and uneven, off-road terrain
Share your thoughts
Really comfortable and they will never be lost!!!!!
Excellent, Even on the Road
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Surprisingly maybe, I run this shoe mostly on the road and suburban paved trails through the woods. I trained for and ran a half-marathon with them as well. They are the perfect fit for me and have just the right amount of support. Extremely comfortable even after 2 hours/13.1 miles. I don't feel punished by the road nor do I feel like I'm running on a cloud or soft sand (I hate overly cushioned shoes). I also love the low ramp angle. It encourages a more natural gait for me.
Overall, a very excellent shoe for me personally. I would encourage everyone to at least try them on to get a feel for them. YMMV.
Note the seamlessness.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: Runs small
I'm early on with this shoe, but provisionally, I like it as much as I like the road PI that I use (the EM road M3). As with the road shoe, I am sizing up about a full size to an 11. In the attached photo you can see the profile of a couple of shoes I rotate. From left to right they are New Balance MT 10, Altra Instinct, Inov-8 TrialRoc 235, PI EM Trail N2, PI EM Road M3, and PI Peak II.