- Detail Images
Something new in the world of trail running: a midsole with a fluid heel-forefoot height.
Step onto the trail with a little extra stability and protection when you're wearing the Pearl Izumi Women's EM Trail M 2 Trail Running Shoe. As you float down rock-peppered trail and descend steep gullies, this stability shoe helps your foot stay centered by utilizing a combination of soft foam cushioning and a bi-lateral stability support located under your midfoot. One of the most unique features of this shoe is the E:Motion midsole, a bit of engineering that gives this shoe a dynamic drop (heel-forefoot height) that's lower at initial contact and higher when you roll off your toes. E:Motion results in a more fluid transition from heel to toe and a more natural stride when you're picking your way through technical, off-road terrain. For training, racing, or everyday running, this stability shoe helps you flow across miles of trail without skipping a beat.
- Seamless construction gives the upper a comfortable feel against the foot
- Perforated SBR tongue foam feels comfortable against your foot and won't absorb water
- Dynamic Offset E:Motion midsole changes from 4mm at contact to 7.5mm at mid-stance to smooth out every stride
- E:Motion midsole is designed to provide the most cushioning and the broadest platform of any Pearl Izumi running shoe for maximum pronation stability
- 1:1 Energy Foam cushions the forefoot and offers explosive rebound for toe-off
- 1:1 Shock Absorption Foam absorbs and diffuses impact at the heel
- Low to moderate, 4-7.5mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) positions your heel so its nearly level with your forefoot, resulting in a more natural foot position than traditional running shoe designs
- Bi-lateral stability support keeps you centered at the midfoot
- Forefoot rock plate provides additional protection from hazards and debris on the trail
- Aggressive, multi-directional carbon rubber outsole offers excellent traction on loose trails and uneven, off-road terrain
Share your thoughts
Pearl Izumi EM Trail M 2 Trail Running
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I like these shoes and the fit for my foot, which is flat. they have a nice wider flat feeling base.(similar to my cascadia) However on the trail the heel felt a bit big so I had to use the top eye on the lace system to keep heel from slipping.
The shoes don't have a super stable or hard feel to them at all, so they are a bit sketchy on very rocky, technical terrain. But most people are switching to a minimalist shoe so I think they will like this shoe. I have used them on trails a few times and so far I can recommend them! I did have to get a 1/2 size bigger than my normal street shoe size.