- Detail Images
Gives you foot protection, fluid motion, and all the stability needed for nasty terrain.
Trail runners in need of stability and protection need look no further than the Pearl Izumi Men's EM Trail N 2 Trail Running Shoe. On top, this shoe offers a smooth, seamless upper, and beneath your foot, you're treated to foam cushioning that returns energy, an aggressive outsole, and a rigid plate that protects your forefoot from rocks and roots. One of the most unique features of this stability shoe is the E:Motion technology, a bit of engineering that gives this shoe a dynamic drop (heel-forefoot height) that starts off low and gets higher as you toe-off which leads to a fluid, natural gait. This shoe is ideal for training, racing, or everyday running on rough mountain trails or anywhere out beyond city streets.
- Seamless construction gives the upper a comfortable feel against the foot
- Perforated SBR tongue foam feels comfortable against your foot and won't absorb water
- Dynamic Offset E:Motion midsole changes from 4mm at contact to 7.5mm at mid-stance to smooth out every stride
- E:Motion midsole is designed to provide the most cushioning and the broadest platform of any Pearl Izumi shoe for maximum pronation stability
- 1:1 Energy Foam cushions the forefoot and offers explosive rebound for toe-off
- 1:1 Shock Absorption Foam absorbs and diffuses impact at the heel
- Low to moderate, 4-7.5mm drop (heel-forefoot offset) positions your heel so its nearly level with your forefoot, resulting in a more natural foot position than traditional running shoe designs
- Bi-lateral stability support keeps you centered at the midfoot
- Forefoot rock plate provides additional protection from hazards and debris on the trail
- Aggressive, multi-directional carbon rubber outsole offers excellent traction on loose trails and uneven, off-road terrain
Share your thoughts
Hey, im wondering how true to size these...
Hey, im wondering how true to size these shoes are? Im usually a 10.5 but they only have 10 and 11. Wondering if theyre a bit big or small to get the other size.
The comments on this video have helped me to decide. Looking forward to run with this shoes!
Great shoe for longer runs
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
If you're going out for 2 plus hours, these really start to shine. The rock plate and the smooth ride keep your feet from feeling like they just went through a tenderizer.
The grip and lugs are aggressive enough to make climbing and especially technical descent feel very stable. Gives you the confidence to push the descents.