- Detail Images
Warmth that won't weigh you down.
Whether you're suiting up for a day on the slopes or racking draws for a multi-pitch route, the Patagonia Men's Ultralight Down Vest will add substantial warmth with a nearly non-existent weight penalty. Stuffed with 800-fill European goose down, this slim-fit vest comfortably layers beneath outwear and the DWR treated shell fabric shrugs off light rains and falling snow.
- Nylon ripstop shell is exceptionally lightweight, durable, and is has a Deluge DWR finish for water-resistance
- 800-fill European goose down provides an unrivaled warmth to weight ratio
- Variegated channel construction stabilizes the down insulation and provides a sleek low-profile look
- Slim fit allows you to layer the vest beneath outerwear
- Drawcord hem keeps weather out and warmth in
- Two front pockets warm up cold hands and stow essentials
- Self-fabric stuff sack allows for compact packing
Share your thoughts
It's too bad most of the vests I want are...
It's too bad most of the vests I want are out of stock in size medium ....
We have the blue and black in medium at the moment.
what is the difference between the "outlet"...
what is the difference between the "outlet" and the other? why the difference in price?
Nothing but model year and color. It's embarrassing to have the 2013's still on the shelf when we have the 2014's ready to go. So to encourage you to take them off our hands we dropped the price. Simple retail economics, outlet is last year and the full price are this year..
Great thanks, I will get outlet..
As long as you want red... The other colors are full price.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
If you're looking for the most minimal, and warmest down vest out there, look no further. This Patagonia Ultralight vest has kept me warm always. The down is so packed into the nylon it's practically like wearing a pillowed sheet for a vest. The nylon is so thin you can actually see the down inside. And it comes with a stash bag you can fold the vest into in the event you want to put it in your bag. It's extremely lightweight and totally worth it's weight in warmth.
Oh, and be warned about the Paintbrush Red - It's definitely super duper orange, and not red at all. Not really an issue for me, but might be for other people looking for something red.