- Detail Images
Explore the upper limits of the atmosphere.
Take your alpine adventure to a new vertical plane with the Patagonia Women's Troposphere Jacket. As you navigate your way up a frozen waterfall and are focused on
finding for just the right crampon placement, you don't want to have to
worry about soaked baselayers; the Troposphere's proprietary H2No membrane offers water resistance and breathability to help maintain a comfortable, dry, and temperature-regulated internal environment.
- Nylon stretch fabric allows full mobility and range of motion for acrobatic vertical maneuvers, while H2No membrane and DWR treatment resist moisture
- Helmet-compatible 3-way adjustable hood accommodates your head protection even in storm weather
- Multiple harness-and-pack-compatible pockets allow you to access your essentials even when in a full gear setup
- Underarm zip vents let you dump excess heat when necessary
- Dual-adjust drawcord helps complete a seal between you and the cold
Share your thoughts
What is the center backlength? Does this...
What is the center backlength? Does this jacket have a two-way zipper that zips up from the bottom as well as top?
It is 26.5 inches long in a size small and unfortunately there is no two way zipper.
Great Muilt-Purpose Jacket
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I was shopping around for a new snowboarding jacket that was less bulky than the insulated ones and came across the Troposphere Jacket. I was excited that I could use this for both Snowboarding and Backpacking because of it's lightweight and durability. For snowboarding it was a great shell that let no wind or snow in, helped keep the warmth inside, and was light and flexible.
I wear the R2 from Patagonia under the Troposphere as a mid-layer and also the Stoic Merino 100 as a base layer.
I am 5'7" and around 140lbs, got the Medium and it fits the R2 (I got that in size Small) and base layer perfectly. I'd size down if you are not going to layer under it.
Ultimate lightweight with stretch!
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is my favorite lightweight 2.5 layer shell. The quality surpasses any other 2.5 layer out there and it has a mechanical stretch which makes the jacket super versatile and comfortable in many different activities. I also love that its not crunchy or loud- the face fabric is actually quite soft. The fit is articulated and feminine. If you're looking for a waterproof stretch lightweight jacket- this is it!!