Run the trails every day, no matter what.
When clouds cover the mountain, zip into the Patagonia Women's Storm Racer Jacket and continue your trail running regimen. Its 2.5 layer shell gives you reliable waterproof and breathable protection, and fully taped seams make sure raindrops don't seep through. Patagonia added a DWR coating to shed water for extra protection. The zippers at each upper arm allows plenty of ventilated airflow, and there are also slits at the back of the jacket for constant ventilation. Elastic wrists and adjustments at the hood and hem ensure a secure fit so you can run like it was just another day.
- 2.5 layer shell with DWR coating
- Fully taped seams
- Upper arm vent zippers
- Adjustable hood and hem
- Elastic wrists
- Zippered internal pocket
- Item #PAT00QK
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I love it.
Mixed feelings here
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: medium
I bought this jacket from a different retailer and ended up returning it because it was not what I was expecting. I had thought that I was getting a jacket closer to a soft shell vs a rain jacket. I did use it a couple times and did like it, but it went back because it was NOT what I was looking for.
- Excellent athletic fit like all Patagonia items
- Very high quality fabric. Light weight and thin, but insulated very well. Did not feel clammy or sticky when sweating.
- Loved the storable hood. It folds away and becomes invisible.
- The reflective logo and markings light up bright at night
- Only one interior pocket no external pockets
- The arm venting zips did not seem to really release any of the body heat, I think pit zips would have been much better.
- On another site its advertised for running, biking, and climbing. Climbing in this is a no go because every time you raise your arms up the jacket swallows your head and face. I wouldnt consider this as a camping or backpacking jacket either because of the lack of pockets and zero lining. This jacket is paper thin.
Overall it was a hard decision to return the jacket because I did really like the overall fit and function, but I could not justify hanging on to an item with this price tag when this was not what I was really looking for. If you live in a very rainy place and want a serious running/biking rain jacket this would be a very good deal for you.
Storm Racer Jacket video review
Bryhn from Patagonia shares his thoughts on the new Storm Racer Jacket. (This is for the Men's version, but the ladies has the exact same features)