- Detail Images
Stretchy softshell for unrestricted casting.
When you're taking advantage of the stonefly hatch on cool spring mornings, zip up the Patagonia Men's Shelled Insulator Jacket. The three-layer softshell fabric lends reliable warmth and weather protection while a healthy percentage of spandex provides complete mobility for unrestricted casting.
- Three-layer construction features a durable, stretchy outer layer, a windproof membrane, and soft, fleecy grid backing that provides additional warmth in cool weather
- Deluge DWR finish provides reliable water-resistant protection
- 14% spandex content provides stretch for complete freedom of movement
- Relaxed fit leaves room for layers on cold days
- Adjustable hood provides additional protection in stormy weather
- Bungee drawcord at the waist provides a snug fit that keeps the weather out
- Two large zippered front pockets are specifically sized for fly boxes
Share your thoughts
Loved it since I opened the package
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I've used it the past month for fishing on the snoqualmie and camping. Love it. Water beads up and sheds right off the outside and this is probably one of the best hoods on any of my jackets because it doesn't fall into my eyes. The pockets are great to hold extras but if you want to slide your hands in them while going around time it will get a little annoying with the placement. Sizing is excellent 6'1" 175 the medium is perfect and allows room in case I want to throw on an extra layer.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've been out on the river in this three or four days a week for the
last month. It gives plenty of warmth, but most jackets do that. No Velcro on the wrists turns out to be a positive here as it means less for your line to hang up on. The front pockets fit fly boxes great and hold a decent amount. When you dip a sleeve releasing a fish it dries super fast on the interior, and the exterior can shed a complete deluge. The hood is cut perfectly to wear with the brim of a hat sticking out and doesn't block peripheral vision. I'm 6'4" 195 and the large fits perfectly. Follow the fit chart on this one.