- Detail Images
Seriously comfortable waders for serious fishermen.
If you spend multiple days a week chest-deep in a river, it's time to invest in Patagonia's top-of-the-line Men's Rio Gallegos Zip-Front Wader. The combination of heavy and mid-weight H2No Performance Standard fabrics provides unrivaled durability in the legs with increased breathability and mobility in the chest. The front zipper makes for easy entry and exit, and a merino wool lining in the neoprene booties takes foot comfort to the next level.
- Durable waterproof and breathable H2No Performance Standard fabrics keep you dry without trapping sweat inside
- Heavyweight fabric in the legs provides tough durability where it's most needed while mid-weight fabric in the chest allows for greater comfort and flexibility
- Innovative single seam construction leaves only one seam up the back of the wader for less abrasion and improved durability
- EZ-lock suspenders allow you to quickly adjust the waders from chest to waist height, which means you can quickly relieve yourself when nature calls
- T-Zip front zipper provides easy entry and exit
- Stretch Wading Belt adjusts for a snug fit
- Heavyweight fabric gravel guards have a drain strip to expel water and abrasion-resistant scuff guards that lend even greater durability
- Anatomic right and left neoprene booties have a merino wool lining for warmth and comfort
- Anatomically curved knees increase comfort and freedom of movement
- Stainless steel boot hooks secure the cuff to the boot and prevent line catch
- Hypalon utility keeper provides quick access to tools
- Chest pockets and a waterproof interior pocket keep gear and electronics safely stowed
- Includes field repair kit
Share your thoughts
GOAT IS GOOD
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
In trying to decide between the Simms and the Patagonia a trusted guide that owns both got me leaning towards the Patagucci. The patagoinia fit almost identical (5?10?, 170, 32 inch inseam and the Medium in both fit well as they both have 32 inch inseam?all other manufacturers MD are too short in the inseam forcing me to a Md-Long or LG and then I end up with an over-sized bootie to try and stuff in wading boots. Waders only been on day trips so far. I?m looking forward to the zip in the summer time to vent on hot days and easier nature call trips when I?m guzzling gallons of coffee and beverage in the day?
Rio Gallegos Waders
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I've used these waders for the past year and couldn't be more pleased! The zipper doesn't leak, they are comfortable and easy to put on and off. The pocket is a little small but I use a lifeproof Pre waterproof case for my iPhone.
Waterproof pocket unusable - too small!!
Be careful purchasing this one. The quality is great as always with patagonia. However apparently no one tested these on the water before production. It is impossible to squeeze any cell phone, wallet, car keys etc in the waterproof pocket (inside of the wader). If you try very hard it will maybe take an iphone without a protective case, but that means that 95% of us would have to remove the case from the phone prior fishing. Samsung users - forget it - it will NOT fit no matter what you do. Plus it is so small that will hold only one thing, either small wallet, car keys or smaller cell phone. No way of fitting all 3 items that we all usually have on us.
You can always put these items in one of the hand warmer pockets outside as the suppose to be water resistant, but that's always risky, plus you will not be able to use that pocket for your cold hand.
Again - probably the best wader out there along with the top Simms model, but the pocket should be 2 times the size. I will probably go back to no zipper model.
Patagonia Wader Tech
Just love how they do their videos... this one highlights some changes for the 2013 waders.