Patagonia created the Men's Refugitive Pants for demanding ski mountaineering objectives. These pants offer unrestricted movement with all the protective benefits of a three-layer Gore-Tex shell. The lightweight and stretchy outer combines with Gore C-Knit backer technology for a softer, more breathable fit than most Gore-Tex shells. The pants also feature a gusseted crotch and articulated pattern for full mobility as you climb and ski in the backcountry. Large thigh vents allow you to dump heat quickly before you sweat through layers during the ascent. An internal cuff with tie-down loops helps seal out snow, while the durable scuff guard protects the pant from sharp ski edges and crampons.
- Ski pants for high-altitude descents and foul-weather tours
- Lightweight and stretchy Gore-Tex is waterproof and breathable
- Gore C-Knit backer increases softness and breathability
- Articulated pattern and gusseted crotch for full range of motion
- Large thigh vents for easy temperature regulation
- Separating waist with a zip fly and snap closure
- Reflector assists RECCO-equipped ski patrols in an emergency
- Regular fit leaves room for extra layers
- Item #PAT01HP
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
I use these pants both with a Piloet Jacket and Refugitive Jacket. The pockets and adjustable waist are great. you can adjust the waist for your base layer thickness. I use these pants all winter in sub-zero winds and warmer days. They are great in both; I highly recommend them.