- Detail Images
Technical and capable of blocking wind, this is Patagonia's warmest fleece outer layer.
With technical fleece fabrics and a stretchy, windproof outer laminate, the Men's R4 Fleece Jacket holds the distinction as Patagonia's warmest fleece outer layer. Patagonia's Regulator fleece material has seen various incarnations over the past decade, and this season the warm, breathable, and highly compressible material utilizes a hybrid construction to further improve comfort. Soft R2 grid fleece lines the interior and provides soothing warmth while the outside is treated to Polartec Windbloc (separate from the windproof laminate) to take the bite out of the bitter cold winds of fall and winter. Wear the R4 alone when you're tearing your way up a new climbing route or use it as your insulating layer when you're sitting on a knife ridge waiting for a break in the weather so you can make the final push to the summit.
- Windproof laminate stops wind and stretches so you get weather protection without feeling held back
- Polartec Windbloc highloft exterior material provides further protection from the wind and adds to the overall warmth
- R2 grid fleece interior lining insulates against the cold and it has a soft, smooth finish that easily slides over your base layer
- Both the internal and external fleece materials are breathable for comfort and highly compressible so this jacket is easy to pack
- Chest zip-pocket gives you limited storage for a few small essentials