- Detail Images
- Community Images
The Patagonia Men's Merino 2 Lightweight Zip-Neck Top is a versatile, long-sleeve shirt that can be used for climbing in cooler weather or as a baselayer for skiing or snowboarding in the early winter or spring. Patagonia got the merino wool used in this top from its homeland and combined it with recycled polyester so you get the earth-friendly benefits of both fabrics. As far as functionality is concerned, the stretchy knit allows you to move freely so you can reach, bend, and stretch to your heart's content.
- Merino wool from the grasslands of Patagonia maintains its warmth even when it's wet and helps deal with odors, while the recycled polyester improves wicking, durability, and dry time
- Slim fit allows you to layer up easily
- Stretchy knit moves with you so you can feel free despite other layers
- Zip front lets you cool off on the chairlift after your heated sessions through trees
Share your thoughts
Ollie Kickflip on Half Dome
Incredibly cozy, suprisingly durable
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I beat most of my merino shirts to death. I love my Smartwools, Icebreakers, and Stoics... but this Patagonia is my favorite.
My only compaint is the ink used to print the logo inside the shirt bleeds entirely through the back for a nice mirror-image smear between your shoulder blades. It washed out a bit, but its still obvious. Its a little bit of a drag on such a nice looking shirt.
Great base layer, very high quality wool, surprisingly durable. Merino is naturally antibacterial... and this shirt doesn't fail in that regard. The zip neck is also very comfortable, and doesn't irritate... even with chest hair. And you get Patagonia's great set of ethics behind any product they manufacture.