- Detail Images
You arrive seaside, take in the ocean air, and are overcome by pristine beauty; you feel good that your Patagonia Women's Meridian Board Short is made with all-recycled polyester. You're also glad that it has a touch of spandex for unhindered mobility, self-fly gusset, and handy side pocket with drain hole and secure key loop. But enough of the introspection; time to rip up those waves.
- Lightweight, eco-friendly recycled polyester and spandex woven stretches with your low-squatting, big-stepping self and dries quickly
- Regular fit with regular rise, snap fly, and flat-tie waist provides everyday comfort and ease
- Forward side seams prevents chafing on side and gives a slim silhouette
- Self-fly gusset adds even more mobility to this stretchy short
- Zippered welted pocket on hem with drain hole and key loop smartly secures essentials
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I have these in multiple colors. Very light weight and comfortable. I wear these climbing, hiking, biking, and over my swimming suit.
I am 5.7 118 lbs with a 32 inseam. I bought a size 2, they are perfect not too tight not too big. Prefect!
Oh no! They scrapped the snap fly!
Up until I just tried on my new 2013 meridian board shorts- they were my favorite board shorts of all time. As a devout river rat and water lover, I have found these shorts to be super versatile, durable, comfortable, and flattering. Sadly, however, they did away with one of the most functional features this year. That's right folks, no more snap fly. Instead, they advertise the "self-fly gusset" as adding "even more mobility," when in reality it creates a weird looking poof over your pelvis when you crouch or bend. Still, backcountry and Patagonia claim that there's a snap-fly closure on these. Confusion! Did I get a defective pair or something? Also, the fit is a bit different-- a little smaller--maybe because of the new seams they have arcing down the side to the front. That's no biggie, but the snap I cannot do without. Gotta return 'em.