- Detail Images
Now you don't see it, now you do―when the wind kicks up and rain threatens in the middle of your run, unclip the little pouch attached to your hydration pack, unfurl the Patagonia Men's Houdini Pant, pull on instant protection. Weighing a magically low 3.1 ounces, this wind- and water-resistant pant is easy to bring along and comfortably light and breathable to wear. When your run is over or the weather passes, tuck the pant back into its rear zip pocket, clip it back to your pack, and you're ready for your next epic run.
- Nylon ripstop is tough but breathable and includes a Deluge DWR finish to resist drizzle and splashes
- Elastic waist makes for comfortable wearing and articulated knees add easy mobility
- Snap closure on lower cuff allows for easy on-off over shoes and quick adjustment
- Rear zip pocket converts to stuff sack with a reinforced carabiner clip loop
- Reflective logo above left knee and on the rear pocket make it harder for you to fade into the scenery in low light
Share your thoughts
Is the slit in the ankle cuff large enough...
Is the slit in the ankle cuff large enough to get these on over skimo boots w/o taking off the boot?
hmmm, good question. I think the cuff would accommodate, but the fit overall is a bit slimmer and I'm not sure you could pull it over the rest of the pant. MIght be worth a shot though?
Wonderful and very practical
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
While touring the US on a motorcycle last year, I saw the Houdini jacket on an outdoor store and thought it would be great to venture the rain on the road. And I was right. It was flawless. I wanted to buy the pants, but couldn't find it anywhere.
I know it's not the intended use, but it sure beats using heavy rain plastic gear that will not only constrict your movements, but will not breathe at all. It's common to get home more wet on the inside from the sweat than the rain itself. Plus, they normally take a lot of space on your backpack/panniers.
The Houdini pants + jacket are unbelievably compact and do the job wonderfully. Plus, they can be worn over my regular motorcycle jacket/pants. Highly recommended!
Houdini Pant video review
Josh from Patagonia shares his thoughts on the new Houdini Pant.