- Detail Images
Don't waste a beautiful day on yardwork―hide that rake in the bushes and head out to the trails for a nice, long run wearing the Patagonia Men's Fore Runner 1/4-Zip Short-Sleeve Shirt. The soft polyester breathes for comfort, wicks moisture, and dries quickly, so nobody will be the wiser should they spot you after you've returned and taken up the rake again. UPF 30-rated protection enables you to stay outdoors for quite a while, although the local slave-driver might wonder why you've made so little progress on last fall's leaves in that time. We'll leave inventing an excuse to you.
- Moisture-wicking, breathable polyester double-knit fabric provides UPF 30-rated protection from the sun
- Gladiodor treatment slows the accumulation of odors
- Deep zip ventilates while a high collar covers the neck for sun protection
- Offset shoulder seams reduce chafing
- Reflective center-front zipper and reflective logos on front and back enhance your visibility on early-morning or evening runs
Share your thoughts
Great backpacking & running shirt
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I was looking for a t-shirt style shirt with a zipper to let in some extra air for summer backpacking in particular and for running. It's a great shirt for both. At first the fabric feels like it might be a little hot, but once the shirt is washed, it breathes very well, wicks sweat, and dries quickly. My first shirt had a little run in the fabric on the back, but Backcountry replaced it right away. I like it so much I bought both colors. I'd buy at least one more if it came in more colors too.
Go to running shirt
This is my go-to synthetic running shirt. I like the zip neck, and I like the fit. (I'm a little skeptical of the gladiator claim to reduce odor -- I seem to get smelly in this shirt at the same rate as ordinary polyester t-shirts.) I'm a US jacket size 41, and wear a medium. The fit is spot on.
Made in Vietnam. Recyclable via Patagonia's common threads initiative.