- Detail Images
If you are gearing up for a bitingly cold adventure skiing or snowboarding at night, climbing frozen peaks, or camping in winter, or if you just feel cold wherever you go, then the Patagonia Men's Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Crew is for you. The Polartec Power Dry High Efficiency fabric makes this heavyweight baselayer a warming machine in cold weather. Patagonia added spandex to this top so you can move freely under all those layers.
- Polartec Power Dry High Efficiency blends polyester and spandex to make Patagonia's warmest synthetic baselayer that also stretches and breathes
- Polartec Power Dry features partially recycled polyester
- Polygiene permanent odor control keeps the shirt from retaining odor so you don't have a stinky shirt after one run
- Slim-fitting style lets you layer up easily for your alpine ascent or a freezing day at the resort
- Open grid next to skin offers incredible warmth, breathability, and moisture management
Share your thoughts
Best Winter Baselayer EVER!
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
This is an amazing winter baselayer. It has a decent amount of insulation but is extremely breathable and quick drying. Hiking in the whites requires steep ascents to cold alpine conditions and I've never felt wet or chilled while wearing this; it just seems to dry instantly when you stop. Wind does go right through this because it's so breathable so wear a shell.
Highlights- The finish of patagonia baselayers is unbeatable, the thumb loops and hang loop make them perfect.
Cons- This thing gets very smelly quickly after a use or two. The inside grid fabric can chafe nipples while running so wear protection. It's a small price to pay for such a light, warm, and breathable layer.
I am so very happy I tried it.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
I was used to the UA 4.0.But this takes it to a new level.I ride my motorcycle in weather most just put it in the garage....The cap 4 top and bottoms are the start of a great day.Thanks Back Country for being a great supplier.