A stripped-down pack for day climbs and alpine ascents.
The Patagonia Ascensionist 40L Pack loves the idea of ice climbing in Ouray, ascending Aconcagua, or hiking for a week through Glacier National Park. The lightweight and totally bomber Cordura fabric is resistant against tearing and abrasion, while the PU coating fends off light moisture or precipitation. A high-density foam back panel not only provides structure, but it can also be removed when you're counting ounces, and the padding on the hip belt is entirely removable for your convenience.
Keep in mind that this pack only has one point of access, so you'll want to put less-used items in the bottom, but the asymmetrical spindrift collar does have a girthy construction for easy access to gear and easy packing. The lid features a zippered pocket, giving you immediate access to items you'll be using frequently. The ice axe carrying system accommodates a wide variety of ice axe sizes and the daisy chain lash points give you external storage options when you don't want filthy ropes or mud-crusted crampons inside your bag. If you're only out for the day, use the compression straps to minimize bulk and maximize mobility.
- Tackle peaks far and wide with this lightweight pack
- Cordura exterior is durable and abrasion-resistant
- PU coating fends off light moisture
- Foam back panel is removable for fast-packing
- Removable padding on hip belt provides a customizable fit
- Top-loading asymmetrical collar provides easy access to gear
- Pack is ski and ice axe carry compatible
- Daisy chains provide additional lash points for gear
- Item #PAT01PO