A cloud-scraping klettersack.
Head for the high ground with the Patagonia Ascensionist 30L Daypack. Designed for scrambling, hiking, or climbing on mixed terrain, and sewn from a lightweight but rugged Cordura fabric, it's an excellent all-around climbing accessory. This year's edition touts a few changes that mostly consist of a more minimalist design; although, the asymmetric profile is the biggest improvement to the pack. This construction offers added elbow clearance for unimpeded mobility, making it ideal for climbing and fast-packing.
In keeping with the original design, the back panel features a contoured and lightly padded design for comfort and ease of movement. Additionally, a spindrift collar opens wide for easy access to gear, and it features an integrated lid that can be secured by a heavy-duty aluminum hook and adjustable webbing strap. To secure your load, the ergonomic shoulder straps are fashioned with lightweight padding and load-lifter straps. The minimalist sternum strap and hip belt allow you to stabilize your haul with ease. Four rows of daisy chains add external attachment options that easily accommodate a rope, helmet, or pad.
- A lightweight klettersack for speed climbing or hiking
- Cordura fabric is tenacious and lightweight
- Generous main compartment accommodates the gear you need
- Zippered lid pocket safeguards small necessities
- Ergonomic shoulder straps and load lifers for a comfy carry
- Hip belt and sternum strap help keep your load secure
- Asymmetric profile provides extra elbow clearance
- Item #PAT01PN
- Q & A
Great Alpine Pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The trend lately with alpine packs has been to create a light weight comfortable pack with minimal bells, and whistles. This pack satisfies all those needs, and does a great job in the mountains. However I wouldn't suggest this pack are your daily driver as it just doesn't have the burliness in the fabric you need to last a long time.