The Outdoor Research Men's Verglas Gaiter provides tough waterproof breathable protection with the same sculpted fit as the famed Crocodile Gaiter, but the Verglas remains lighter and more packable. Strategically placed 500D Cordura protects the gaiter from sharp crampons and abrasive terrain while the hook-and-loop front closure makes for easy on and off.
- Burly three-layer Pertex Shield fabric provides waterproof breathable protection
- Highly abrasion-resistant 500D Cordura on the inner leg and boot protects against sharp crampons and plastic boots
- Slimmed down design is lightweight and highly packable
- Wide hook-and-loop front closure is quick and secure
- Reinforced boot lace hook secures the front closure to the boot
- Durable Hypalon instep strap keeps the gaiters securely in place
Share your thoughts
high quality gaiter
I started out with EMS spindrift gaiters. they are ok for wet walks at the dog park. I ultimately demolished them on the the ascent of Basin Mt. I broke down and spent the extra cash on OR gaiters. In hindsight, gaiters are a piece of equipment that should not be skimped on. Spend the money for the good ones. these are the good ones.
Solid, effective, breathable
These are a great buy, in my opinion. I love the ability to hike through overgrown trails without dew soaking my pants/socks. Wearing these with shorts protects your lower leg from thorns, branches and what not while wearing shorts... a bit more circulation. As far keeping you dry during creek crossings, I cant really comment. I have relatively low profile boots (Vasque Breeze GTX) and so the seal around the cuff isnt all that tight (i may swap my Large Verglas for Mediums). However, I hiked for a couple days on snow covered trails- as much as 8 inches - and never felt damp on the inside.
All in all, these are a great item to have on a multiday trip to avoid scrapes and scratches. A MUST for hiking in snow.