Select your style & size:Select options
Whether it's a down sleeping bag or a pile of puffy jackets, pack them down to a manageable size with the Outdoor Research Ultralight Z Compression Sack. The pulley system gives you a 3:1 mechanical advantage, allowing you to fully compress the sack with a single pull. Plus, the ultralight design only adds a couple ounces to your pack weight.
- Single-pull system provides a 3:1 mechanical advantage for maximum compression
- Ultralight design adds minimal weight to your pack
- Drawcord closure is quick and secure
- Stuff pocket on bottom keeps cords out of the way
- Low-profile design fits easily within a pack
- Item #ODR1071
- Q & A
Pretty sweet so far!
Super lightweight and smooth drawstring compression - only time will tell how long they'll hold up for, but with Outdoor Research's infinite guarantee it is not a major concern. I purchased two of the 8L bags and was amazed at how easily they compressed. I had three pairs of Smartwool socks, two poly/workout shirts, and three pairs of Ranger panties (poly short shorts) packed down to the size of a cantaloupe! Not saying a standard stuff sack couldn't accomplish the same thing, but the ease of using the drawstring beats everything else I've tried for quickness and simplicity.