From one season to the next.
Making the move from fall into winter is always a fun and exciting time. Making it even more exciting is the Outdoor Research Men's Transition Hooded Fleece Jacket. Crafted with two types of Polartec Power Grid fleece fabric, the Transition features lighter weight grid fleece in the waist, back, and arms to dump body heat when you're moving, while heavier fleece in the body helps trap your core warmth. Meanwhile, a balaclava-style hood, thumbholes, and elastic cuffs stand tall against whipping winds and colder temps. Plus, a zippered chest pocket and two hand pockets carry your small essentials safely and securely.
- Hybrid-mapped fleece hoody for demanding activities in the cold
- Polartec fleece construction is both breathable and warm
- Trim fit helps contain body heat and enhance movement
- Thumbholes block out chilly gusts
- Balaclava-style hood wraps your melon in toasty comfort
- Multiple pockets stash small necessities
- Flat-seam construction eliminates chafing
- Item #ODR00HU
- Q & A
Transition into Warmth
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a superb fleece for the transition times, when the weather can vary greatly over the course of a day; with this jacket able to keep you warm in the cold, but also breathe exceptionally when it gets warm. This is also a great jacket for intense activities as the material and boxed construction regulate temperature in a way that keeps you at a comfortable level. I have also found this jacket works great as a mid/base layer for colder actives, as the regulation works great even under a warmer layer.