Set the skinner.
Someone has to lead, and you'll be more than ready to show everyone the way up in the Outdoor Research Trailbreaker Men's Softshell Pant. Designed with input from IFMGA (International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations) guides—the best mountaineers in the business—the Trailbreaker is a super-breathable and rugged softshell, with a waterproof Pertex Shield+ three-layer membrane on the lower legs to keep you dry when you're powering through fresh with clients, friends, and hangers-on behind you. The articulated knees and stretchy fabric give you top-shelf freedom of movement, while the adjustable waist and removable suspenders ensure that you've got the perfect fit when you're teaching city folk the finer points of kick-turn technique. Outdoor Research also outfitted the Trailbreaker with tons of useful pockets and outer thigh vents to help you stay cool and organized during long days in the alpine.
- Pertex Shield+ three-layer waterproof and breathable lower-leg membrane
- Stretchy softshell face fabric
- Zippered outer-thigh vents
- Zippered thigh, hand, back, and beacon pockets
- Detachable suspenders and adjustable tricot-lined waist
- Articulated knees
- Stretchy ankle gaiter with ankle zips and scuff guards