A jacket to keep you out when everyone else goes in.
The Outdoor Research Women’s Stormbound Jacket lives for those heavy-clouded days when everyone else hides in the lodge. Thanks to 650-fill down insulation and weather-stopping fabric, the Stormbound keeps you on the hill so you can enjoy all that fresh powder.
- Double-layered Pertex Shield fabric sheds moisture while remaining breathable so you stay dry from the inside and outside
- Fully taped seams stop moisture from sinking in between the stitching
- 650-fill down insulation in the hood and body offers an exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio
- Thermore insulation below the powder skirt gives you water-resistant insulation where you need it
- Relaxed fit is roomy and easy to move in
- Underarm zip vents ditch excess heat when you work up a sweat
- Removable, helmet-compatible hood keeps the wind and snow off your head
- Zip-out balaclava shields you from driving wind and extreme weather
- Removable powder skirt with LockDown tech attaches to the belt loops of compatible pants to keep snow out
- ThumbDrive hook-and-loop cuffs acts like a versatile thumb loop to keep your arms dry and warm
- Plenty of pocket space, including a handwarmer pockets, a bicep pocket, and an internal pass pocket, keeps you organized
Share your thoughts
love this jacket
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
love this jacket, i ski at Loveland up on the divide, ALWAYS windy and this coat is made for that type of weatha! Durable, love the taped seams. I am no fashionista, and this coat isnt either, but it is extremely functional, BUY IT!!
Awesome features, large sizing
I really wanted to love this jacket-- it has every feature I had been looking for in a ski jacket, including a TRUE helmet-compatible hood. Unfortunately, it's just enormous on me. Even accounting for the fact that it's a 'relaxed' fit, I was drowning in it. I'm 5'2", 115lbs, ordered the XS and it fit like a medium. The worst part was the sleeves, which were at least 5 inches too long. Why can't companies make outdoor gear for truly petite women??
Warmth + protection+ features+ movement
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
= The Stormbound. This is your coldest weather protection on the hill for sure. The down offers warmth, but also a freedom of movement in the jacket. Loaded with features like a removable powder skirt, vents, big inner pockets, my favorite feature in the built in balaclava! Who knew!