Temporarily Out Of Stock
Don't get too bummed. This item is on the way and will be available for purchase as soon as it rolls into the warehouse.
Can't wait? Consider one of the other Men's Down Jackets we have in stock.View Similar Products
Like a totally dry and wearable hot tub.
Big, mean storms might dump the deepest, lightest snow you've ever seen, but without the insulation and waterproof goodness of the Outdoor Research Stormbound Jacket, you might as well just give up and go back to the hot tub. The 650-fill down and strategically placed Thermocore synthetic insulation traps your core's heat while the Pertex Shield+ waterproof and breathable membrane, fully taped seams, and water-resistant zippers stop the snow from getting inside your shred fortress. Not many jackets have a similar combination of warmth and waterproofing, which makes the Stormbound an essential piece of gear if you're hitting the icy but sometimes-soggy slopes of BC, New England, or California.
The Stormbound also has all the features you'd expect to find in a technical ski jacket, like zippered underarm vents, a removable LockDown powder skirt, helmet-compatible hood, and an internal media pocket to keep the tunes blasting from your first lap to your last. Outdoor research also hooked it up with an internal pocket for your ski pass, a large drop-in pocket for goggles, gloves, or skins, and articulated elbows to keep you ripping comfortably without restriction. There's also an integrated Recco reflector, which gives you a bit of safety back-up in case of in-bounds accidents.
- Pertex Shield+ two-layer waterproof and breathable membrane
- 40D nylon and polyester face fabric
- 650-fill down and strategically placed Thermocore synthetic insulation
- Fully taped seams and underarm vents
- Removable LockDown powder skirt and a helmet-compatible hood
- Chest media pocket, internal pass pocket, and large drop-in pocket
- Articulated elbows
- Recco reflector
- Item #ODR003X
- Q & A
Previously this OR model had a removable hood. Not any more. Also sleeves are longer and hips snugger than the prior model.
Good jacket, but the arms are too long
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs large
As the title states, the quality of the jacket is superb, however the length of the arms are just too long in relation to the length of the body of the jacket. Great jacket, but I will be sending it back due to the fit.
I wrote a review then lost to system
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Wrote a review that was lost when scrolled back to find size that I bought.
They Ruined a Good Thing
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
I already own a 2012 Stormbound jacket, and it has been nearly perfect. It's functional and looks great, but it's had a few durability issues. The wrist strap has begun to pull free of its stitching, and the down insulation has been leaking feathers here and there since I bought it.
I've obtained a 2014 Stormbound model for replacement, and OR has addressed the feather and wrist strap durability issues, but the update has significantly reduce the awesomeness of this jacket in the following areas:
1) The colors this season are pretty boring. The dusk (aka "dull") blue is pretty boring compared to the old royal blue.
2) The large mesh stash pockets on each side of the chest are gone, replaced by one smaller stash pocket. I'd miss the old convenient storage spaces
3)The built-in balaclava, which was a day-saver for me on many occasions, is gone!
I'm really disappointed with this update, and I'll be returning it. I'd rather wear my old jacket with the leaky feathers and broken wrist strap.