Happily choosy yields to decisive satisfaction.
Everyone loves options, which is why everyone loves the stretchy, superversatile, three-in-one Outdoor Research Women's Reflexa Trio Jacket. Wear the weather-fighting, lightweight, durable shell on its own when you're rolling lean and mean; couple it with the efficient, lofty insulative liner when the temps plummet and the winds roll in; go with the liner alone when kicking it in the cabin or by the campfire or when you're shredding on mild bluebird days.
- Shell features stretch nylon ripstop with 2.5 layers of waterproof Pertex Shield DS that's flexible, lightweight, wind-resistant, and breathable
- Fully taped seams ensure protection against leaks and drafts
- Liner jacket made from 30D nylon ripstop that's durable and wind- and water-resistant
- High-tech 60g Thermore ECO insulation provides lightweight, lofty, low-density, and durable protection when temps plummet
- Taffeta lining makes layering a breeze and feels great next to skin
- Standard fit is roomy enough for unhindered movement but not baggy
- Double-sliding hem-to-bicep TorsoFlo venting lets you dump excess heat when riding up a sweat or on a hike
- Adjustable hood folds into collar when not in use
- Double-separating front zipper with external stormflap (shell) and internal stormflap (liner) add protection at this closure point
- Tricot-lined collars provide non-chafing comfort
- Elastic cuffs with tabs and drawcord hems seal out the cold and snow
- Water-resistant zippers prevent freeze-over
- Multiple utility, internal, chest, and hand pockets in shell secure essentials where you want them; left-hand pocket doubles as a convenient stuff sack
- Liner jacket pockets include chest and two handwarmer zippered pockets to secure essentials
Share your thoughts
Not that great.
The zipper pulls on the side vent are great for their easy-to-grab-with-gloves-on quality, however the abrasiveness of the pulls wears into the jacket while you're arms naturally swing from just walking -I'm sure a hole will form from wear pretty quick. The side zips are also tapped and keep out the weather, but they're so small and fragile that half of the zipper pulled out of the zipper-pull so now that side of my jacket just flaps in the breeze. Also, the fabric, though light and surprisingly cozy, is incredibly thin and when I tried to snap out my inner jacket/liner, the snap pulled THROUGH the thin fabric and tore a 4" gash through the shell.
This jacket would be PERFECT if O.R. would reinforce the fabric around the snaps, make the zipper-pulls smooth rather than abrasive, and add a slightly larger stopper to the end of the side zips. Until those things happen, this coat will just keep falling apart!
Great options in a 3 in 1!
This three in one gives me truly a choice: a real rain shell, a real Primaloft insulated jacket, and the two together. The other 3 in 1 jacket's I've seen are not as well finished as this one. The inner jacket is gorgeous as a stand-alone, and the outer rain shell has stretch! Great piece!