- Detail Images
Featherlight protection from the elements.
- Ultralight Pertex Shield DS fabric features a waterproof breathable PU membrane and DWR coating for weather protection without the added bulk
- Fully taped seams mean water won’t roll down the shell and sneak in through the fabric joints
- Adjustable hood zips into collar for added versatility
- Double-sliding TorsoFlo hem-to-bicep underarm zips let you regulate airflow while you work up a sweat
- Water-resistant zippers keep dripping water at bay
- Left hand pocket doubles as stuff sack
Share your thoughts
Outdoor Research Reflexa Jacket
Graham talks about the new OR Reflexa Jacket.
Why pay more?
I've owned plenty of expensive gortex jackets and was hesitant to trust this fabric for wet weather, but was happy to find it worked just great! The fabric is 'softer' than gortex and thus more comfortable to wear. Also surprised to find it very breathable. I use this as my winter backcountry ski and summer backpacking jacket. It isn't heavy and thus not as warm as other waterproof shells, but seeing as I always carry a down jacket or a synthetic puffy with me, this jacket works just fine. I've used it in downpours as well - totally impressed. I did get a size large in this jacket. I'm usually between a medium and a large (women's size 10). I like having it slightly roomy for layering underneath. I'm picky about hoods and this hood works just fine - not so big its hanging over my goggles and not so small that it doesn't cover the sides of my face. I don't need helmet compatible hoods for most of my backcountry ski days.