Select your style & size:Select options
Commuter-friendly messenger bag.
Secure The Outdoor Research Rangefinder Messenger Bag over your shoulder and cruise through bustling city streets on your bike. The bag's adjustable shoulder strap and EVA foam back panel make bike commuting an effortless endeavor with plenty of support and plush comfort.
This classic messenger bag conveniently organizes daily work items with its three internal pockets, including one padded sleeve for safe and secure laptop storage. Offering weather resistance, the bag's waterproof roll-top closure and PU-coated lining shield your valuables from soaking showers and splashes.
- Polyester (600D) two-layer outer
- PU-coated nylon (210D) lining
- Padded laptop sleeve
- Three internal pockets
- Waterproof roll-top closure
- Drawcord cinch at top
- Faux leather patches
- Item #ODR002G
- Q & A
Looks good, not functional, returning it
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Really wanted to like this bag - looks great & is more understated than all similar bags. BUT there are some big (and little) issues so I'm returning it.
1. Drawstring closure on the main compartment makes no sense. I honestly can't imagine how this made it past whatever testing OR does. 1st, it doesn't close. 2nd, even if it did, it would close in a shape different from the top cover flap that goes over it. That closure should be velcro or a zipper. I guess you could use the bag without using the drawstring but...why should you have to?
2. The shoulder strap is attached in a way that makes you choose between either: (a. Having the entire bag swung to the side of your hip (not on your butt), or (b. Having the shoulder strap slip off your shoulder to the front of your body. Super awkward to carry. Also, the entire shoulder strap is padded, not just on the part that touches your shoulder (makes it bulky and weird). It also attaches so that the top cover flap doesn't stay in place where its supposed to.
3. The DWR is only on 50% of the bag (top cover flap and bottom of bag are treated, middle of the body isn't). You wouldn't notice the extra $1 OR would have to pass on to make it 100% but you will notice how different the two fabrics look.
4. Little detail but annoying - the strap that secures your laptop doesn't have the velcro go down far enough so you have to leave a ton of slack in it. Why?
5. There needs to be WAY more interior organization. 1st, it needs a small document pocket for boarding passes, etc. on the inside of the top cover flap that opens so you can access it when you open up the top cover flap while the bag is on your shoulder. 2nd, it needs a few simple mesh pockets in the main compartment (just one big pocket as is).
6. There should be a bottle holder at both ends of the bag, not just one. Would be easy given the design.
7. The handle on the top of the bag is in a good place but needs to be bigger/beefier.
Is there a waist strap to secure it for stand up pedaling and at speed?
What does it look like on the inside?
The inside on the Evergreen Heather is orange; I believe the inside on the Charcoal Heather is a lime color.