- A weatherproof jacket for rainy commutes and life in the city
- Three-layer shell with sealed seams repels heavy rain and snow
- Brushed fleece backer provides light insulation
- The hood can be adjusted to block wind and rain
- Standard fit is roomy without being overly bulky
- Item #ODR00IL
- Q & A
Really like it but feels like the beta
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this jacket because I liked the styling in the photos, but couldn't find a lot of info on it online.
Fit: I found the fit true to size, maybe a touch on the small size, but cut with a slim fit. The sleeves are very long and will likely cover the backs of your palms. It falls just below my hips in length. I typically jump between XS and S and found the S on this jacket to be a little slimmer/smaller than most size S.
- I'm a huge fan of the styling; the charcoal has light blue accents on the inside
- Waterproof, water is just beading right off it!
- Light fleece lining makes it appropriate for a cool weather shell
- I like the long sleeves and being able to pull them down over my hands; I like the stitching accent at the cuffs as well
- Falls past the hip for better rain protection
- Fleece-lined hand pockets are just large enough to fit your hands or a phone
- Detachable hood; hood is well-sized to keep rain off your face
- The zippers on the hand pockets are abrasive
- The hand pockets are also not waterproofed or sealed
- The snap + zipper design is confusing; the snaps work, but they're *very* hard to snap, so I'm just using the zipper
- I wish the sleeves had a slippery lining to facilitate layering this jacket over others
- No interior pockets
Overall I'm really pleased with this jacket, and if OR makes a few ease-of-use modifications but keeps the same styling for the next year, I'd call it a home run.
I wanted to love this jacket
My boyfriend raves about Outdoor Research so I had high hopes for this jacket. I ordered a large, which almost fit just right, except for a little tightness over my hips; I feel like I'm pretty standard 5'5'', with some curves, so this was a surprise. The pockets are frustrating because the zipper is not covered and it's abrasive on your hands. The sleeves are incredibly long--maybe for when you're riding your bike, leaned over, and want some coverage--even then, the length is strangely long. If I were to roll the sleeves, I lose some of the sleek lovely lines of the jacket that I had bought it for. Plus, it was a bit lighter and thinner than I had hoped; good for layering sweaters underneath, but not great as my primary cold weather jacket. I loved the color, the fabric details, the texture, the overall vintage look of the jacket.