- Detail Images
Go anywhere, do anything.
The Outdoor Research Lodestar Softshell Pants throw down with strategically placed Polartec Power Shield fabrics keep you dry even in wet snow and driving winds. It's this careful design that makes these pants lighter, more breathable, quicker-drying, and stretchier than most softshell pants out there without sacrificing durability, warmth, and protection.
- Polartec Power Shield High Loft softshell fabric in the front thighs, back knee panels, and gusseted crotch features an abrasion-resistant face, a perforated membrane that blocks wind and enhances breathability, and a high-loft fleece backer that adds warmth
- Touch of spandex in the backer fleece adds flex
- Polartec Power Shield Pro in the lower leg and back of upper leg seals out moisture while remaining breathable
- DWR coating sheds moisture do you stay dry if you get caught in a flurry
- Gusseted crotch offers unrestricted range of motion
- Adjustable elastic suspenders keep your pants in place
- Abrasion-resistant scuff guards protects your hems from crampon run-ins
- Hem grommets let you add an instep lace
- Plenty of pocket space, including zippered hip pockets, keep your essentials in reach
Share your thoughts
Not fashionable, but warm
These pants are great for bitter cold ice climbing, where you need maximum warmth and aren't worried about breathability or waterproofness. The pants have a grid fleece/faux fur inner that makes an odd shape over the thighs, which isn't the most fashionable of styles, but it does pack some serious warmth/comfort. The removable suspenders are super burly, though a bit stiff. I liked the multiple pockets, but the placement of one behind the thigh is a bit funky. The fit is a bit small, I'm 5'9" 140 lbs and generally wear size small, but the medium fits me.
Lodestar Jacket and Pant
Kyle Dempster takes you through the features and functionality of the Lodestar Jacket and Pant.