Intense tech for intense conditions.
When the going gets technical, the exposure gets serious, and weather gets unpredictable, you'll be glad the Outdoor Research Lodestar Men's Softshell Jacket is there to keep you protected. This fully breathable, stretchy, and water-resistant softshell is built from a combination of Polartec Power Shield High Loft and strategically placed Polartec Power Shield Pro waterproof panels, so it'll keep cold morning fog, alpine clouds, and light snow from turning your mountain adventure into a cold and soggy disaster. Technical environments require precise movement, too, so the Lodestar is built with movement-mirroring stretch and articulated elbows to let you place ice screws, climb technical pitches, and crush long ascents in comfort. The underarm zips keep you cool, the helmet-compatible hood keeps you warm and dry, and the strategically placed pockets help you stay organized so you can move quickly and efficiently when the chips are down.
- Polartec Power Shield High Loft and Polartec Power Shield Pro softshell
- Polyester fleece backer
- Movement-Mirroring stretch design with articulated elbows
- Underarm zips
- Helmet-compatible hood with a wire brim
- Zippered hand and chest pockets
- Internal front storm flap
- Shaped hook-and-loop cuffs