Select your style & size:Select options
Warm enough to enjoy it.
There’s something magical about a clear, quiet winter night, especially if you’re warm in the Outdoor Research Women's Karia Visor Beanie. This stylish beanie is made from a soft acrylic blend that wicks away moisture and features a lovely print and small brim.
- Acrylic, nylon, mohair, alpaca
- Small brim
- Item #ODR00BR
- Q & A
Neat Pattern, Fine Craftsmanship
Not For Small Heads
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
Every autumn as the cold weather descends upon our salt valley, I engage in an annual tradition I have termed: BeaniePALOOZA.
ItÃ¢ÂÂs an event in which I literally comb through every womenÃ¢ÂÂs beanie listed on Backcountry.com and add all the desirable ones to my cart. From there I winnow down my choices to 10 or 20 and determine which are my very most favorite. After that I try all the winners on, and narrow down my choice to a respectable 1-2 winners.
A couple things to know about me and my beanie preferences:
* I LOVE a good pom, if a hatÃ¢ÂÂs pom is too small, itÃ¢ÂÂs out of the running.
* I have an unreasonably small, child-sized head. So most beanies donÃ¢ÂÂt fit me. IÃ¢ÂÂd say a good 85% of all beanies are too large which is why I must exhaustively search for beanies that work for me.
* Odds tell me that if a beanie didnÃ¢ÂÂt fit me, it will probably fit you (again, small head).
This model was nice, it had a fuzzy angora feel to it. Probably the alpaca fur coming into play there.
It did not fit my tiny head, it looked silly and the brim got in the way. If you have an normal to average sized head, this will probably be beautiful. Good luck!
This hat is NOT lined on the inside.