Built tough and endowed with a polyurethane external coating, the Outdoor Research Durable Stuff Sack was made for backpacking and living far from the creature comforts of everyday life. Use this sack to organize your gear inside your pack and protect your clothes and food from the elements. A webbing handle and daisy chain make carrying and packing easy.
- Water-resistant external coating keeps the gear inside this stuff sack dry from light moisture and precipitation
- Full seam taping ensures that moisture can't leak in at the fabric seams
- Durable nylon face fabric fends off the wear-and-tear of wilderness backpacking and camping
- Cinch the drawcord closure tight and slip the locking slider into place to seal off the top of this sack
- Internal dust flap keeps dirt and debris out of the sack opening
- Clip a carabiner to the external daisy chain and hang this sack from your rope or backpack
- Webbing handle gives you a secure handhold to grab when you're loading and unloading this sack
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
i had one of these in the 35L size. both are great. semi-waterproof. durable. convenience opening/closure system. not expensive. millions of uses.
OR Durable Stuff Sac
I purchased the sac to use for motorcycle camping. The heavy duty material will work well exposed to the road dirt & grim. I will use a 20L dry bag inside it to keep my down bag waterproof. The daisy chain works well for lashing the unit to the bike rak.The closing end is very well made and helps secure the contents.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Clearly a stuff sack and not a river bag, but this thing seems like it could take a dip and keep the inside dry. It has an almost rubberized interior lining that adds the heft. The outside feels like normal nylon; slick and shiny. Nice how they've reinforced, for lack of a better term, the draw string. The mini daisy chain could come in handy sometime. It's a good option that doesn't effect weight or compressibility. 2 thumbs up.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Nothing real fancy here - just functional and durable. After a stuff sac for my 3-person tent wore out, I got this as a replacement. Most notable is that it is wearing well and has taken a lot of abuse. Straightforward, no gimmicks. Just like it should be.
Stuff goes inside
out of the different options out there for gear storage, I find myself using the "durable" OR ones most often. Very strong material, haven't had anything get wet in light drizzles. After countless drops off my car, on trails and at bases of crags they show very little wear on the face material. Slight ware around the pull strings of my most used bag.
Burly stitching along the daisy chain ! I use a 20l filled with water bottles and gear as a medicine ball and still holds up with no signs of stress.