Holds off just about anything but red-hot magma.
The names 'Cordura' and 'Gore-Tex' have both become legendary among outdoor enthusiasts. Both have come to symbolize utter dependability in their respective fields. One item that has helped to nurture this reputation is the Outdoor Research Crocodile Gaiter. Equally legendary and nearly as famous, the Crocodile was the original high-performance weather- and mountain-proof gaiter. The Crocodile hasn't changed much over the years because its design was spot-on from the beginning. Besides having a triple-bartacked Biothane webbing instep strap and an additional tab that holds down the front opening, this Cordura and Gore-Tex masterpiece remains as it was in the beginning.
- Ultra-durable 1000D Cordura inner leg and boot puts the toughest armor where you need it most
- Guaranteed waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane for absolute weather protection
- Nylon upper leg construction reduces weight while remaining tough and weatherproof
- Super-tough BioThane instep strap for year-round dependability
- Breathable fabrics throughout allow water vapor and sweat to escape
- Reinforced boot lace hook keeps the gaiter in place
- Double-stitched front closure for added durability
- Abrasion-resistant elements in areas of the highest wear
- 2-inch wide hook-and-loop front closure is tough and allows adjustment
Share your thoughts
Do these give any protection to snake...
Do these give any protection to snake bites
and how tall are they
Looks like you have a lot of questions on a lot of different gaiters. I would like to point out that we do have a live chat system where you can speak directly to a customer service agent literally 24/7 including Christmas morning.
As far as all the gaiters you have been looking at so far these are probably going to give you the best protection against snake bites but these do not have the poly-carbonate panels sewn into them that most gaiters that are designed to protect against snake bites. Again, these are better than naught but there are again better options out there.
Oh, almost forgot. These are 16 inches tall.
5 Star Performance
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I've been using the Crocodile Gaiters for 8 years and I am still on my first pair. They are build of solid material that is comfortable yet can take rough environment. I frequently scramble on sharp rock and abrasive snow and there is hardly any wear visible on them. They even survived multiple crampon encounters with only one 1/2 inch tear. Great product I know I can rely on.