- Detail Images
Lightweight aerobic performance.
- Laminated fleece front, arms and hood for weather protection
- Air permeable Radiant LT back, sides, and underarms for added breathability
- Flatlock stitching reduces chafing
- Off-center front zipper reduces chin irritation
- Thumb loops keep the sleeves from riding up
- Spandex thumbs, cuffs, and hood seal out drafts
Share your thoughts
perfect layering piece
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The Centrifuge Jacket is the perfect layering piece because it offers me great protection from wind at the front and down the front arm, while allowing me to dump heat through the strategically placed fleece. This is an awesome piece for cold weather running, xc skiing, alpine and backcountry pursuits... really, just about everything. It's a critical piece in my quiver!
Outdoor Research Centrifuge Jacket
Outdoor Research® Climbing Ambassador Shingo Ohkawa talks about his favorite Outdoor Research® jacket, the Centrifuge Jacket™. Built for highly aerobic alpine activities like climbing and backcountry skiing, the Centrifuge Jacket™ features wind- and weather-resistant hard-faced fleece on the chest and front torso, but highly air-permeable Radiant LT Fleece™ on the back, side, underarms and face panel. Also featuring an alpine cut and a close-fitting balaclava-style hood, the Centrifuge™ is the ideal layer for traveling fast and light in less-than-ideal conditions.