Let the bugs know–there are no free rides.
Hiking in insect-infested areas at the height of the season can be unavoidable and maddening. Keep the little biters from getting into your pants and boots with the Outdoor Research Bug Out Gaiter. This durable gaiter is treated with Insect Shield, which repels nasty little biting buggers for up to 70 washes.
- Tough 420D nylon stands up to years of hiking and thousands of hungry insects
- Guaranteed waterproof breathable Gore-Tex membrane for absolute weather protection
- Nylon upper leg construction reduces weight while remaining tough and weatherproof
- Super-tough Hypalon instep strap for year-round dependability
- Breathable fabrics throughout allow water vapor and sweat to escape
- Reinforced boot lace hook keeps the gaiter in place
- Double-stitched front closure for added durability
- Tough 1-inch wide hook-and-loop front closure
- Insect Shield treated fabric repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers and no-see-ums
Share your thoughts
You might want to recheck the material. ...
You might want to recheck the material. I don't think they have any Gore-Tex in them... 420 D pack cloth only, treated with bug repellant.
I think you are right. Gore-tex is not is not listed by OR as a feature.
Outdoor Research Bug Protection
When you're heading into the mountains, more often than not you're going to encounter terrain inhabited by hungry, annoying bugs. To defend against mosquitoes, ticks, black flies and other insects-including those that can carry disease-Outdoor Research makes apparel designed to protect you from bites, some of which is treated with Insect Shield, an effective, odorless and EPA-registered insect repellent.