- Community Images
Work hard and play hard.
- Nylon face fabric is durable and abrasion resistant
- Breathable Pertex Shield laminate seals out even heavy, wet snow to keep you dry
- Relaxed fit gives you plenty of room for layering
- Zippered inseam vents ditches hot air to keep you cool when you're working up a sweat
- Stretch-mesh pullover boot gaiters stop snow from flying up your legs
- LockDown jacket interface lets your attach your compatible Outdoor Research jacket for integrated protection
- Knee pad pockets hold your knee protection in place to protect your caps
Share your thoughts
I'm looking at buying new pants, I'm 6'4"...
I'm looking at buying new pants, I'm 6'4" 210 with a 34" waist and looking for something that will be a nice fit/length for me. I've read reviews where OR make their products a little long and was wanting to hear if these fit the reviews. Also if not I'll take any suggestions on some good technical pants. Thanks.
So it sounds like you would probably need to go with the large if we had it in stock, I am worried that the XL would be a little to wide for you if that is what you went with. Either way we should be looking at a 34 inch inseam on those pants.
Just buy these
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
After initially ordering a large Igneo pant, that were HUGE on me, I went with a medium Blackpowder pant, they fit great on me (5 11, norm 34 waist). They are also super waterproof and not too hot, with great pocket design. OR makes great stuff these are no exception.
Great pant for skiing! The lenght is great for the backcountry look! Waterproof.
Hi, I'm interested in getting these pants...
Hi, I'm interested in getting these pants but would like to know to what point they are insulated, if at all.
I am sorry to report that these pants are not lined with insulation of any sort. They are merely meant to act as a durable shell that should go over some insulated and/or base layers, I believe.
Outer vents in addition to inner thigh
There are also really nice vents on the outside of the thighs, in addition to the inner vents shown in the photos. Quite bigger then the inner vents. This creates amazing cross flow to dump unwanted heat on the hike up. My favorite feature in a snow pant.
Great (big) pants
As described. Very tough. Sized large. Baggy.
Tough and functional
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I wear out pants, big time. I am touring 7 days a week and running a backcountry lodge, which means I am also doing maintenance 7 days a week. This means tools, grease, chainsaws, skin tracks, snowpits, you name it. This is a pant I can almost wear for everything, with a tough water proof fabric, knee pads built in, huge side vents and big pockets, I can use this pant in a wide range of activities. Personally it is a touch too warm for full backcountry skiing, but a sidecountry lap or two, and the daily beat up of the ski hill, this is the pant you want!