Work hard and play hard.
The Outdoor Research Blackpowder Pant keeps your lower bits dry while you're working and playing in the snow. Whether you're pushing up the mountain for a pre-work tour, digging pits, or setting off hand charges because that's what you do for work, these pants give you pro-level protection in a wide range of winter environments. The burly 200D nylon fabric is laminated with a fully waterproof and breathable Pertex Shield+ membrane that'll stand up the worst conditions you'll run into, and the knees, cuffs, and hem are all reinforced to take a serious beating from ski edges, rocks, ropes, and biting snow snakes. Fully taped seams take the waterproofing up a notch, and detachable suspenders and ankle gaiters keep things tight so snow doesn't sneak in through the gaps when you're getting down and dirty. Maybe best of all, the Blackpowder has a whole mess of pockets--zippered hand, thigh, back, and beacon—to keep all your key gear handy, whether you're out doing 6am patrol routes or knocking out some pre-work pow laps.
- Waterproof and breathable two-layer Pertex Shield+ membrane
- 200D nylon face fabric with polyester tricot lining
- Fully taped seams
- Inner and outer thigh vents
- Hand, thigh, and back pockets
- Beacon pocket with key clip
- Reinforced articulated knees, scuff guards, and hem
- Detachable suspenders and stretch ankle gaiters